Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

Have an '05 f7efi.......considering it's mild and raining right now..... bang your head .........i decided today to adjust my belt deflection. Haven't tried sumthing like this before... :wacko: ........but have done a tonne of reading/searching on this site :site: and feel pretty good. Get out my manual/AC tool kit and pop tha side plug off the belly pan..... Cat happy........but then got stuck, nowhere to put my 3-prongged tool to remove adjuster/shims/o-ring. :eek: There's a bolt at the end of my secondary.......does that come off first and then i use the 3-prong tool??......or was there an update for '05's?

thanx
f7_efi

Ridegreen:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the reason i ask is cuz i looked up on arcticcat online parts diagram and don't see this 'bolt' at the end of the secondary.......making me wonder if it's been updated.......

I dunno

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Yes that is the updated secondary adjuster. Change deflection by adding/removing shims same as before. Adding shims/ less deflection... take out shims/ more deflection. Just make sure to put it up on a stand and engage cluctch after adjustment to get an accurate reading.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool.......thanx..........should i be using a torque wrench putting the bolt back in?......or just tighten up snug?

Cat happy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts