Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the dealer on Sat checking out the 07's. The seat doesn't look like it could make it thru a day of riding on rough trails. Great idea, poor engineering.

·
Registered
59 Posts
200 LBS AND RIDE VERY AGGRESIVE, NO PROBLEM AT ALL!

·
Registered
210 Posts
250 lbs buck naked and the seat never gave me a reason to doubt it on the trail. I did have a concern about it in the showroom though. Those concerns are long gone now. But it is a colder seat. With the big gap between the tunnel/heat exchangers and the seat there isn't any heat rising into it.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
So don't sit on the seat, ride standing up. That's what I do, never noticed that the seat is cold either

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sorry folks, Mine is at the dealer right now, to be fixed. While trying to adjust it, the whole seat came off in my hands. I took out the stop screw & put it back together. It went to the lowest setting, and would not adjust from there. The release lever would not go to full travel (required to release the lock mechanism). All four of the plastic guide "buttons" were showing alot of distortion.
My hand & thumb warmers are out for the second time too. And the exhaust side panel is melted (a little), but no point in changing it untiil AC finds the root cause (fuel & backfire)....
I have about 500 miles on now. (I'm 6' 4" and weigh about 270#)

·
Registered
103 Posts
I rode mine with it all the way up with no problem but I think with the seat all the way up watch your wear rods in the front of the ski. I had to replace them with only 340 miles $140.00 Stud boy 9" Dueces (not Happy) It looked like the middle and back of them were brand new and never touched the ground. I just put on 259 miles on some woody 10" singles with the seat down and the wear rods look great. I was riding in the same area. Sled had major push in the corners with the stud boys with only 102 studs, so i would of replaced them anyway.

Or maybe stud boy dueces are Crap.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pip @ Jan 23 2007, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Sorry folks, Mine is at the dealer right now, to be fixed. While trying to adjust it, the whole seat came off in my hands. I took out the stop screw & put it back together. It went to the lowest setting, and would not adjust from there. The release lever would not go to full travel (required to release the lock mechanism). All four of the plastic guide "buttons" were showing alot of distortion.
My hand & thumb warmers are out for the second time too. And the exhaust side panel is melted (a little), but no point in changing it untiil AC finds the root cause (fuel & backfire)....
I have about 500 miles on now. (I'm 6' 4" and weigh about 270#)[/b]

Pip,
I just posted in pinned issues area, about the panel melting! Has you dealer been in touch with AC about replacing it? As for the seat I haven't had problems, but I'm about the same size as you are! More miles before I really can say if I like it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had a simelar problem last friday in ol forge sat on the seat and poped out of the track,we removed the stop screw put it back in place, screwed in the stop and it was fine after that... Worst thing was the sled was sitting in front of the web cam at Christys motel, for all the world to see!!!!!!!!
The rest of the weekend was flawless,but this is one COLD COLDmuther jazzer to ride

CHUCK :super_happy:

G

·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (spedf7 @ Jan 23 2007, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I was at the dealer on Sat checking out the 07's. The seat doesn't look like it could make it thru a day of riding on rough trails. Great idea, poor engineering.[/b]
Obviously you dont have much faith in how things are done at cat. Great idea. Seems like pretty good engineering from the lack of problems with it. The flimsy part is the way back of the seat and that has no weight on it anyway!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zl5600 @ Jan 23 2007, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (spedf7 @ Jan 23 2007, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was at the dealer on Sat checking out the 07's. The seat doesn't look like it could make it thru a day of riding on rough trails. Great idea, poor engineering.[/b]
Obviously you dont have much faith in how things are done at cat. Great idea. Seems like pretty good engineering from the lack of problems with it. The flimsy part is the way back of the seat and that has no weight on it anyway!
[/b][/quote]

Your right I don't have much faith in AC right now. If half if what I read on here is truth, then they have problems.

·
Registered
51 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cooter @ Jan 23 2007, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pip @ Jan 23 2007, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have about 500 miles on now. (I'm 6' 4" and weigh about 270#)[/b]

Pip,
I just posted in pinned issues area, about the panel melting! Has you dealer been in touch with AC about replacing it? As for the seat I haven't had problems, but I'm about the same size as you are! More miles before I really can say if I like it.
[/b][/quote]

Cooter,
MY dealer has been in touch with AC, They did send a new side panel, but I'd like the cause to be fixed...not just the result. To my knowledge the root cause is still unknown.
I do like the seat, especially in the raised position, but there is alot of leverage being exerted on the plastic "bushings" ....
P.S. I do like the sled too (alot).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts