Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a set of twin pipes on EBAY I'm thinking about bidding on. If I add these pipes is there anything elese i will have to do to engine so I don;t burn a piston. The sled only has a total of 1000 miles on it. I would like to add the pipes to get a better sound out of it. I've been told both ways that I will have to buy a chip for the efi, and some have told me I don't do nothing other than do a plug check. Is there anyone on here that has piped an efi and not had to chip it too. The sled is a 600.

Kevin

·
Registered
215 Posts
you will need the efi chip with the pipes. you'll also have to clutch it to run at the proper rpms. twins run a few hundred rpms higher than stock pipe.
my advice with a 600 efi is stay away from twins, they are very hard to tune. d&d single is a much better option.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Get ahold of D&D, they should be able to hook you up with the chip and clutch components that will make it rip. It is an EFI that should take alot of the guesswork out of it.

~Fast

·
Registered
795 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (marbleyehunter @ Jan 7 2007, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
There is a set of twin pipes on EBAY I'm thinking about bidding on. If I add these pipes is there anything elese i will have to do to engine so I don;t burn a piston. The sled only has a total of 1000 miles on it. I would like to add the pipes to get a better sound out of it. I've been told both ways that I will have to buy a chip for the efi, and some have told me I don't do nothing other than do a plug check. Is there anyone on here that has piped an efi and not had to chip it too. The sled is a 600.

Kevin[/b]
I would take an educated guess that yes you will need to remap the EFI.
Or else you could be soon in for a lean melt down.
But no, I am not sure of this.
I saw a twin piped M7 grenade last winter when he tried to run the stock EFI mapping though.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
2000 was the last year that you could get chips to put into the EFI controller to make changes to your fuel and timing maps. D&D and Blackmagic should both have them.

~Fast

·
Registered
21 Posts
i put black magic twin pipes on my 99 zr 600 and i had to put a chip in and reclutch. and it ran great. the plugs were perfect. i don't know about the d&d pipes though but it should be about the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts