Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Krom's sticky on the procross forum, he states the Adapt clutch for the 7000 was to be determined. Since then, it seems that Cat was going to offer the 7000 in MY 23, until they pulled the plug. It would stand to reason that if they were to offer the 7000, that it would have the new clutch. I wonder if any news will be forthcoming about this. As for me, my Team has been freshened up a few thousand miles ago, so I should be good for at least one more season. Just something to ponder during the off season.

·
Super Moderator
9,633 Posts
Do you already have a bearing primary?
I ask because it would be easier if you only need to change the primary setup.
The ADAPT is nice, but I wouldn't call the performance difference a game changer. I see other advantages to longer term use if that is your thinking. I have not rebuilt one yet, but the process doesn't look too bad.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the first generation Team on the 16 7000. I like the way it performs, but it's not very durable. It needed a rebuild way before the older style Cat ones did. For me anyway. I don't have a performance agenda, just a replacement for when the Team is toast.

·
Administrator
2,698 Posts
Yami 3 cylinders are tough of primary clutches, lots of vibration/harmonics.
Even so IMHO team clutches are junk. They seem to last longer on 600 and smaller machines, but anything bigger and they are a ticking time-bomb. If you are lucky they stick instead of exploding.
I'll update that thread if/when I hear anything

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have about 8600mi on my original AC primary on my 2015 ZR7000. It is still tight with a little play, I do have that typical rattle when cold which I understand could be the clutch stub on the crank that is on the ZR7000. Anyways, I was fully prepared that I would have to replace this clutch after 4-5K miles, but it has certainly surpassed my expectations. The issue I see is that this model specific 2 year only clutch is often on back-order, so interested in what options exist when this clutch needs replacement. There is the CVTech clutch option, but also wondering about the new ADAPT setup.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the smooth operation of the Team, but when I looked at mine with 6,000 miles, I found the rollers were worn out. I was able to find a spider, some pins through Cat, and some arm bushings from a Polaris, that fit into the Team arms. That gave me the freshened up clutch. That was 3,000 miles ago, so after this coming season, maybe I'll be needing a complete new one. Hopefully we'll know more about the ADAPT by then.

Reactions: favoritos

·
Super Moderator
9,633 Posts
I'm impressed @captainruss99 , with your fix. I had not heard of that approach.
Our last Team that died was replaced with an ADAPT under warranty. It was on a 2S though. The old clutch was done. Nothing worth fixing. I have to admit that Cat was pretty incredible about the whole process.
Unfortunately, that doesn't help answer the questions about using one on the 7000 motors. I'm going to ask a stupid question here. Which taper is on the 7000 motors?
It is super tough to know exactly how well the ADAPT will handle the harmonics over time until riders get some miles on them.
Again, I do like the ability to rebuild the ADAPT clutches. I will also caution people to verify parts are available if you try making the switch. It is still hard getting some of the parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts