Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Doorfx, My 2013 700 TRV will not go into 4wd even though it shows that it is in on the display and I can hear the actuator engage. Any suggestions on what to look for? I was clearing some light snow from my driveway when it started to spin trying to back up. Noticed that the front wheels weren't turning. I never heard heard or felt anything out of the ordinary.

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Check the boot that the diff lock pin is in. If it’s ripped you have probably gotten water in the actuator. A good cleaning may be all it needs.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Doorfx, I finally got a chance to have a look at the quad yesterday. Took the front right tire off and saw that the inner axle boot was off. Then saw that the shaft was out of the diff. Thought that was odd. I tried pushing in back in and noticed the front differential mounts were completely broken off. I guess it wasn’t the actuator after all! Have you ever had or seen this happen? I’m stumped as to how this happened. No rough riding or mudding.
Are there only 2 mounting points for the front differential? There doesn’t appear to be any other damage other than that. Do you think that welding the mounts back on will be strong enough? I haven’t found any posts with a similar issue. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Yes I have seen it. What size tires are you running? Chains?
Make sure the diff isn’t seized up.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Stock tires and no chains. I do have tracks but they are not installed yet.
After thinking about it, I did have to replace a motor mount this past March and I was running tracks at the time. It may of caused some stress on the diff mounts.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Differential seems ok. Nothing seized. I’m glad it happened at home and not in the back country. And I probably would have had my tracks on!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Just get a good welder to weld up the ears. You can also add bracing. There are a few threads on here about how to do it.
Savageman69 is one guy

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
Welding won’t harm the electronics will it?

·
Registered
215 Posts

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Disconnect battery first

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello
I am French and my English is not great, please excuse me.I have a 2012 kymco MXU 500 IRS atv with an arctic cat actuator.
Your forum is great, as is this tutorial.
I'm having a problem with the actuator.
When I switch on the 4wd, the actuator motor works, but when it switches back to 2wd, nothing happens, the actuator does not react.
I checked the control button and it is ok.
I dismantled and cleaned the actuator and everything looks
I have the impression that the motor only works in one direction
And there is a problem with the actuator motor?

Thanks for your help

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Probably not with the motor if it works in one direction. I would think that one of the little white limit switches is mot working.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you for your answer.
I tested the switches and they seem to work. but when I take it apart I have the impression that the electric motor has a little trouble turning.
the omron relay be the cause?

·
Registered
3 Posts
does anyone have an electric motor reference? because I have doubts, Sometimes it doesn't have all its power in one direction.

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Parts are not readily available, you have to search them down.

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I never found one I just used silicone to seal it up.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts