Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I am new to 4 wheelers, new to the site and unfortunately new to working on them (didn't think I would have to so soon)

I have the actuator problem if I go through water or even wash the bike. What happens is that I put her in 4 wheel drive in the woods, go through some water/mud here and there. When I turn off the bike when its in 4 wheel drive then start it back up, it will make to positions, reee reee (back into 2wd) then reee reee (back into 4wd) and then it is stuck like that. Sliding the switch on the handle bar will show up on the display but it won't come out of 4 wheel drive.

After about 5 days of sitting, it works again.

I did put dielectric grease on the connector coming from the actuator, but it will still have the problem going through water which makes me suspect water/grime in the actuator housing.

Soooooo..... I want to put it in 4wd and remove the cover and RTV seal it up. My only problem is that after I take all the Phillips screws off the cover, the cover will not even budge. How to I take it off? I am scared of breaking something. It almost seems like its epoxied on there.

Any help would be much appreciated. Love the site!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Checked the pinned section I think there's a write up there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I finally got it off without damage. I took a slender piece of wood and wedged it on the lip of the cover from the opposite side and put the hammer on it. It is just black siliconed on. I have already cleaned out the channel where the old silicone is at and am going to put an air nozzle to it to fully dry it (yep, there was moisture) then rtv silicone in back on. hopefully it keeps the water out.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
It sounds like your on the right track to correcting the issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts