Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering about a few accessories. Wanted to get a box or bag for the back rack, is the hinged box in the catalog worth it or is the bag better. Also the gun scabbard, is the deluxe one a lot better or not? I am used to the fork gun grips on the front rack but am thinking about the gun scabbard. Just wondering if anyone could give me some insight into what has worked well for them. Just got my 06 700 and now need to accessorize. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
297 Posts
If you do alot of riding in the rain, snow ...you may want a box it will keep your gear dryer .....also if you keep your stuff an your bike all the time ....if you just carry your gear on long runs or you plan to use the racks to haul other things on them between runs..
go with the bags easy to rip off the bike in a flash :rofl: As for gun the scabbard I see alot for hunters using them and if I was still
hunting I would use it ...your gun is alot saver in the scabbard.....Or you can make your own boxs out of plywood and if they get
smached you can rebuild .... my2cents
SM Cat :cabinsno:

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Look at aftermarket before you make any purchases (prices and options). I bought the rear seat, foot pegs, forked grips and deluxe scabbard when I bought the bike. If the trails you plan on running will let you leave the deluxe scabard on all the time then get it. I could have done with just the forked grips because if the weather is good I leave the gun in there. The gun scabbard is in the way and most times it is easisest to just strap a hard gun case onto the rack if its a long trip or the weather is bad. This is just my opinion but I could live without it and have thought about selling the whole scabbard set up. I find the rear passenger seat is great for storage when I have it on but most times I just carry a large nylon knapsack with everything I need and 50 feet of rope tied onto the back bumper. One of the best investments I have made was an 18 x 36 inch cargo net with hooks that cost about $20.00. It holds the knapsack on and anything else I pick up or take with me for a ride. I have even used it to strap a deer to the front rack and it worked fine.
I don't have any pics with the gun scabbard on but it sticks about a foot out the right side of my bike. (no pics because its only been on the bike for about 6 times in the last 2 years.)

[attachment=61370:picture_239.jpg]

WC

Attachments

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
IMO, the AC accessories are a little pricey, but worth it, because the attatch and unattatch in seconds to the speedrack. If you get a kolpin, or moose,ect..... they dont go on or come off as easy, and your usually left with a bracket or something that is permantly on your quad. I have the Cargo box, Handguards, Brushguardbumper, and Gunscabbard, and they are all worth it to me being an avid outdoorsman. The cargobox and gunscabbard go on and off quickly with a few pins.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts