Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I recently installed a new head gasket in my 2007 AC 700 Diesel.
All went well, starts like a champ.
Problem:After a short time the engine will slowly start to rev up, and will not stop.
I can manually force the linkage back to an idle, but it will creep back up if I let it go.
Any thoughts on this?
Thanks,
George

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Somewhere there is a spring that holds throttle closed. It's possible it has broken. As I recal, there is even a spring in the throttle lever on the handlebar. I switched mine to twist throttle and it relies on the spring at the motor only, still has enough. May want to take off the front plastics, as everything is tight as hell around that motor! I think you'll find the spring on the motor is either broken, or has fallen off.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Reddoggy15, remove the front plastics, yes it's a pita, but you can see the part of the throttle that the cable is connected too. See what happens when you push thumb throttle. Should be a return spring. While there, inspect the cable as it extends out of the sheath. Mine was nearly worn through when I converted to twist throttle. Good news, this motor is about as simple as a diesel can get, camshaft driven mechanical fuel injection and no BS smog crap that new diesels must have, like EGR, DEF, DPF, like what I've been deleting from my Ram. Oh, keep it in neutral until it's fixed!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HI, in my case the spring was installed and working properly, I ended up taking the whole thing apart and reassembling. I must have missed a step the first time, because now it works as it should.
Hope this helps!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts