Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
After testing the post above.. (after some sleep) LOL... it will in fact operate both winches... - At the same time... Which is not what I wanted to have...

I moved it (blue and yellow) back to the one rear winch and run remote to the one on the rear - Keep in mind, the contactor from a Promark winch out of box isn't used - the one that comes with the remote is so, I excluded it and it still works fine...

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Adding info: Pro-Mark has released a new remote setup that doesn't replace the contactor from the winch, they now have one that does the "In-line" to the in and out button so with that said you can do the following.

Have a contactor at each end and green and black wire to the dptp switch.

At the DPTP switch, in the Pod usually, you can tie the wireless box red wire into the ignition (700EFI, its a red with blue stripe) to allow the key to cut off the wireless when not in use.

Then you just piggy-back the green and black wires to the middle poles on the DPTP to allow you to switch to a winch on front or rear and control it with the remote as well as the thumb control.

Mind you, I have added an extra switch to do something stupid (HAMMOCK MODE) and allow a complete over-ride of the DPTP and allow in and out of both winches at the same time... LOL

Funny to see an ATV used as a hammock. :)

Enjoy.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I hooked up the wireless controler like was posted. Wireless module black to green, and green to blue(mine is purple-not blue). I took the third wire, black one, and left them together.
Nothing worked. I moved a wire, and now the winch will go out only, from the rocker switch and the wireless. What am I doing wrong?

·
Administrator
40,373 Posts
I installed my wireless controller and I can confirm that if you have the cat three wire plug type contactor it will work. You just have to cut the green/ blue wires and wire in the wireless remote. I didn't even have to change the power plug under the steering column.
If you have the two wire it is a simple plug and play. I used the wiring diagram from above.

I used the accessory power plug under the air cleaner to power the wireless module and mounted right behind the air cleaner lid.
I used duetsch style connectors as they are waterproof

A pic of the deutsch style crimper tool

A pic of the wireless remote mounted on the right bar.

Reactions: ArcticFrost

·
Administrator
40,373 Posts
Here are the styles of contactors that cat used.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts