Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the difference between 020 and 021 belts.I put a 021 on about 1500 miles ago on my Panther 570 and it just ate 5 lugs out of it this weekend.The rest of the belt is fine.I ain't runnin' it that hard.
According to the specs on Brown's they are the same length but the 020 are on the liquid machines.I thought I read somewhere a while ago the 020 is a harder compound?Would it be alright on a fan cooled.

Thanks Kerry

[attachment=65588:100_0644__Medium_.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
browns is right 020 is a harder compound and in the acrtic cat manual it also says it's ok to use but may need to shim the secondary clutch

·
Registered
64 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kerry @ Mar 6 2007, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What's the difference between 020 and 021 belts.I put a 021 on about 1500 miles ago on my Panther 570 and it just ate 5 lugs out of it this weekend.The rest of the belt is fine.I ain't runnin' it that hard.
According to the specs on Brown's they are the same length but the 020 are on the liquid machines.I thought I read somewhere a while ago the 020 is a harder compound?Would it be alright on a fan cooled.

Thanks Kerry

[attachment=65588:100_0644__Medium_.jpg][/b]
Check your clutch alignment, my last machine was a 2002 ZL600 and when I traded it in it had 5400miles on the original belt.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll check the alignment for sure.I forgot to mention there is one spot about 2 inches from there that was smoked when we had some ice/snow catch in the tunnel.I'm thinking it may have disrupted the integrity of the belt,however I never felt any difference in take off and that had happened about 800 miles ago.I'm thinking a harder belt would be more forgiving in these instances.
Kerry

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
[attachment=65641:2006_AC_Belts.pdf]

Here's the 2006 AC belt chart. You can compare spec's and decide for yourself. You may also find one of the newer Kevlar belts that matches your needs. Big bucks but should last forever in a lo-po sled.

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (catdoo @ Mar 6 2007, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kerry @ Mar 6 2007, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Kerry

[attachment=65588:100_0644__Medium_.jpg][/b]
Check your clutch alignment, my last machine was a 2002 ZL600 and when I traded it in it had 5400miles on the original belt.
[/b][/quote]

Holy :turd: My last belt just broke with about 250 miles on it, damn

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input guys;I popped for the 020 belt instead.$81 bucks at the dealer.I put it on and after the breakin ride today I think it's much better than the 021.I feel it hooks up quicker than the 021 and the power transfers better.I wouldn't have bothered with only a couple of days left before we see 5 degrees for the next week but I wasn't going to ride with my kimpex spare only either.So now it's broken in for next year already and I might get a couple hundred more miles yet this year too and it's one less thing on next years list.
Kerry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.