Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Cat 4x4 LTD. It's displaying the trouble code NP0562. The brand new battery is fully charged And has a jumper pack on. I turn on the key and I hear a clicking by the fuel cell that slows down the longer the key is on. When I hit the start button the clicking is interrupted, no noise is heard from the starter, and the clicking resumes when the start button is released. I've replaced the starter solenoid and main relay on the fuse block.
I'm no electrical expert... Any ideas?

·
Administrator
37,344 Posts
Welcome to achat. I will move this post to the atv section and delete your duplicate post. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update... I chased this issue round and round. Swapped the regulator, computer, relays in the fuse block, tested stator, starter button, ignition switch and brake switch. Tested voltage drops everywhere because ohm testing can be deceptive, cleaned and greased all grounding points. In the end I swapped starters and again got another new battery and problem solved. The armature in the starter had shorted internally and in turn fried the new battery. I wasn't ready for a compound issue... New starter and battery and all's well in the mud.

·
Administrator
37,344 Posts
Thanks for the update !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts