Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

AC 700 4WD troubles.

848 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  sixohh 
#1 ·
Went for a ride yesterday and once going for a while, I noticed that my diff lock was not working. Tried to adjust but nothing. Then later in the day, when I would put my machine into 4WD, you would hear a knocking sound when driving. Knocking would go away when put back in 2WD. Loaded up the quad and went home , Did not want to make things worse. Washed the machine when I got home(wasn't very dirty since we were driving in snow) Unloaded my machine, put it in 4wd and the knock was gone!!! Tried the diff lock and it would work as well but where it says lock on the pod would flash on and off. Any ideas?

#2 ·
YEA i have that same thing happening to my 700 wheeler. Drives me nuts. It is definatly locked and you can tell when ur driving it but the lock flashes on and off. I asked my dealer but all he said is taht something could be loose on the sensor or something and it wasnt anyrthing big to worry about but i would like it to just stay on. As for your knocking when it was in 4wd couldnt help ya there. hasnt happend to me. Just the blinking light. let me know if u find out anything on how to fix that light.

#4 ·
My diff lock did the same thing when i got mine. The light still flashes,, asked the dealer what was up and they just said they all do it

#6 ·
when i first got mine it did not like to go into diffy the firts throw of the lever... turns out the pun in the diff wasn't movin all the way.. i adjusted it with the adj. screw and never had another problem...

i also went with royal purple in the diffs and it locks in easier due to less friction!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.