Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I want to keep it dry, on the front airbox is there a opening in that box other than the top round hole that water could enter? I really dont think a all out snorkle is needed on the atv for where I ride but I want to waterproof it to the max short of adding snorkels, any help you can give would be great. Seems like the lowest point of water intake is the belt exhaust and it is at seat level, much higher than any water I intend to cross.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The front airbox pulls air in from in front of the radiator at the very front on bottom, it doesn't pull air from the round hole. If you look behind the side flaps around the radiator you can see it.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
I might suggest removing that front airbox (unnecessary part) and just run a tube/hose up from the airbox with the air filter. You wouldn't need to run anything external to the plastic, but that will help raise the air intake point. Many have used a hose from Napa and ran that up and under the pod. It doesn't go through plastic and is 100% discreet, but it gets cold air in (which is what you want) and elevates the intake considerably.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
another thing you could do is to install the intake for a '04 650. Its a direct fit.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
GunRunner, I actually have my factory intake down in the shop, for $5 I'll ship it to ya! Then your problem is solved and no worry about rejetting. If your interested, send me a PM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts