Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been working on an AC 300 for a friend and it has me stumped. Idles fine but bogs out when you rev it up. Has a new carb , cdi and coi all of which have changed nothing. any suggestions???

·
Administrator
37,626 Posts
I will move this to an atv forum , you might get help if it is in the right forum.

·
Registered
10,713 Posts
Oem carb or aftermarket?

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oem carb or aftermarket?

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk
AM 2 different ones and it ran no better than with the old original one. It will idle and throttle up part way but hits a point where it just acts like its starving for fuel. I have cleaned the petcock and lines. I have read a lot of threads on this machine and one issue was the magnets coming loose on the flywheel. would that cause it to cut out or would it not run at all if that is whats wrong??

·
Registered
10,713 Posts
Usually there’s issues with AM carbs. Never heard of a 300 flywheel magnet issue, only 400’s from 03-06. Test voltage at idle and when you rev it. It should remain a constant 14.2 or so volts. A bad voltage regulator can do what your experiencing.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Tom Geezy, any updates? I'm dealing with the same issue on the same bike. 660catman, I checked my voltage at idle, but didn't rev and check at the same time. It will only rev up a little. Maybe that is my issue. I will check to see if it maintains voltage as revs increase.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts