Arctic Cat Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
The last survivor I cut out of a car said,"I only had some tequila". The car was upside down in the median of an interstate. His not so lucky son was right next to him. I doubt he had any clue as to his sons fate until morning when the booze and ER doctors were done with him. Getting through this crazy world is hard enough. Don't stack the odds against yourself or your family. Be safe and Happy Holidays.

Nut that's great of you to share your experience. It is wise to use it to make others see how terrible a crash can be. I also rolled a pick up. I was on the interstate drunk. I was lucky, I didn't hurt any one but myself. I learned from it. It was 20 years ago for me. It's a great reminder not to drink and drive. I hope my efforts in the fire department help offset my poor choices in the past. I'm now the guy doing the extrication's of the drunks. I now clean up their messes. It's a staunch reminder not to do it again.

·
Administrator
36,109 Posts
Another reminder

·
Administrator
19,941 Posts
I do not have any video, however, several seasons ago while in the U.P. of Michigan, a couple bud's and I were heading south from Eckerman towards Trout Lake Tavern (for some pizza and Mt. Dew), when we came upon a huge pine tree's trunk that was laying across the groomed trail, it was approx. 4.5-5' above trail on the North (downwards) side of what was a very popular "rolling hill" (for lack of better description) and there was BLOOD EVERYWHERE on the snow...

It had been drizzling and freezing raining during this FEBRUARY day back in 2001, and that huge pine had snapped under the pressure of the accumulating ice (on top of the very deep snow already on it)...

We turned around and headed back a few minutes later, after listening to a fellow sledder describe what he'd seen and been traumatized by.... (Guy leaving tavern didn't pick up on clue of skyline being filled with pine instead of being OPEN, like usual...) tree trunk did some serious damage... (Closed casket)

PLEASE, ride safely (and HOPEFULLYsober) this year folks.......

21 - 34 of 34 Posts