Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Team Industries is a machining vendor to Cat. They do not design the clutch - Arctic Cat does that. Team machines the parts to Arctic Cat blueprints. The fault is 100% with design at Cat. I worked in precision machining (aircraft and medical parts measured in the 4th, 5th, and 6th decimal place!) for over 40 years. From the clutches I've seen, machining is not the problem, it's the poor design and lack of testing over time.
Not true... The TEAM drive clutch used on the Arctic Cat snowmobiles, is 100% a TEAM design. Arctic had nothing to do with it. That clutch is used in other areas as well, like the John Deere Gator. Only difference is the outer cover changes when it is used somewhere else.

·
Administrator
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
Team Industries is a machining vendor to Cat. They do not design the clutch - Arctic Cat does that. Team machines the parts to Arctic Cat blueprints. The fault is 100% with design at Cat. I worked in precision machining (aircraft and medical parts measured in the 4th, 5th, and 6th decimal place!) for over 40 years. From the clutches I've seen, machining is not the problem, it's the poor design and lack of testing over time.
bold is absolutely 100% wrong, and not true in the least. That clutch is completely and totally teams baby they did all of the design, testing, and manufacturing for the clutch, weights, and even springs.

Italics are correct, teams refusal to stand behind their product, and fix the problems has lead to AC splitting ways with them.
The secondary clutch on adapt machines will be made by AC's vendors, not Team.

Not true... The TEAM drive clutch used on the Arctic Cat snowmobiles, is 100% a TEAM design. Arctic had nothing to do with it. That clutch is used in other areas as well, like the John Deere Gator. Only difference is the outer cover changes when it is used somewhere else.
Yup Team even sold the same primary clutch to textron for use on the stampede, and havoc, years before they thought about buying AC

Here is a pic of the clutch team sold to textron for their havoc

41 - 43 of 43 Posts