Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the only real way I have to compare the changes I have made over the last month or so are the shots in the back of the truck. Top is stock, middle is stock suspension with 27" Blackwaters and bottom is 2" lift and 27" Blackwaters.
Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The suspension still rides the same and the added height has not caused any issues with stability. I'm still going to stiffen up the front, it dives way too much under braking. I am not sure why the bars on the TRV are so much lower, but I don't mind them. The chassis is completely different from the 1 up model apparently.

·
Administrator
40,366 Posts
You might want to read this on suspension set up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do understand the pros and cons, but the length of the TRV with the rear as stiff as it is and front as light as it is, causes issues. I'm going to take it up a notch or two and see how it rides. There is far too much dive on the front of the machine and I am almost always out on it without a passenger. A passenger does help prevent the rear from coming up under braking. I can literally bottom out the front suspension just dropping off of an obstacle.

·
Registered
2016 Arctic Cat Alterra 550 XT
1,105 Posts
I do understand the pros and cons, but the length of the TRV with the rear as stiff as it is and front as light as it is, causes issues. I'm going to take it up a notch or two and see how it rides. There is far too much dive on the front of the machine and I am almost always out on it without a passenger. A passenger does help prevent the rear from coming up under braking. I can literally bottom out the front suspension just dropping off of an obstacle.
If you hardly ever ride with a passenger I would get some rear springs from a regular Alterra to put on it. Mine are nice a plush front and rear but don’t dive in the front. I have them all set to the medium preload and removed the rear sway bar for better crawling.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would, but I want to be able to have my wife come out or a stuck rider if needed. I think it will be much easier to just adjust the front.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts