Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I clutched my 400 hundred the week, in the 400 epi kit there is a secoundary spring and 5 small springs that go on the clutch pack behind the primary. which means that you have to take off the Clutch cover, the primary and secoundary, then another cover. it was more then I had bargained for but dove in head first. things went back together great and all was looking good, until I started it. no matter what I did the clutches would spin, I tried shimming, stock spring, nothing would work the bike was always in engaged and if you did start in gear it would take off. I called the local dealer, No help. I called 2 other dealers and although they tried, not much help. So I finally called EPI and after only 30 seconds on the phone I knew the problem, there is a bearing between the wet clutch and the primary, turns out that it is a 1 one bearing, after tearing the bikedown again and flipping the bearing the bike worked great, And had I read the instructions I would have known that, "A LESSON LEARNED"

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I feel better knowing I was not the only one. lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts