Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I am more into the sport quad world, but since becoming a member on this site, I have been wondering about utility quads. I know I will be buying one soon... lets face it, my machine isnt exactly made for the woods anymore, dont get me wrong I have hauled a deer or 2 with my DVX, but its time to get a utility, its more practical for out riding with my uncle, hunting, Ice fishing, doing work at the hunting land, plowing my driveway, ect. So I was wondering what the difference is in all the models. TRV/H1/H2/ECT. I obviously know the difference in CC from 90-1000, but what are all the designators, what do they stand for and what options do they all entail? Likes/dislikes? Pros/Cons? what would be better for different jobs?

Thanks
Cory

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
TRV = Two rider vehicle. The frame is like 10 inches longer to allow another seat. Keeps the front from getting light.
There is the 700efi, These are the bikes with the suki engine. Nothing wrong with them, other then a little efi lag.
The 700h1 ect is the 700 cc cat built motor. More power and more low end grunt then its 700efi counter part.
H2 is the thundercat.
The H stands for hemispherical heads. The # stands for amount of cylinders.

I believe that is all of them.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mnDVXracer58 @ Nov 20 2009, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Cool, good to know! Thanks for the info! any more is always welcome[/b]
Arctic cat does call it's Thundercat a Sport Utility. Think of it as a sport quad that needs a diet

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wyo_H1_Cat @ Nov 21 2009, 01:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mnDVXracer58 @ Nov 20 2009, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Arctic cat does call it's Thundercat a Sport Utility. Think of it as a sport quad that needs a diet
[/b][/quote]
slaphappy slaphappy slaphappy Well it does have racks on it. In my race district there is a utility class and the only rules are it has to come from the factory with racks as an option, and i have a rack for my DVX. Im trying to sell it though. but there is no CC size, they just run all utilities on a MX track in one class, its really fun to watch

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mnDVXracer58 @ Nov 20 2009, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wyo_H1_Cat @ Nov 21 2009, 01:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mnDVXracer58 @ Nov 20 2009, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]
slaphappy slaphappy slaphappy Well it does have racks on it. In my race district there is a utility class and the only rules are it has to come from the factory with racks as an option, and i have a rack for my DVX. Im trying to sell it though. but there is no CC size, they just run all utilities on a MX track in one class, its really fun to watch
[/b][/quote]

IT IS A BLAST TOO

·
Registered
245 Posts
Mine is called 500 auto FIS.

What's FIS?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Ahhh, Thanks

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Then there's the TBX (truck box?) Great combination of work and play machine, but much longer wheelbase like the TRV
[attachment=139746:Cat_Hous...__Small_.jpg]
[attachment=139748:Mud_Cat__Small_.JPG]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
H= Hemispherical combustion chamber....hemi head.
H1= One cylinder
H2= Two cylinders
TBX= Has the longer chassis and dump box
TRV= Has the longer chassis and can have either a rack or seat on the back (interchangeable). They also come stock with 2" less ground clearance than their siblings.
Thundercat= sits lower to the ground and has a longer chassis as well...don't know that it's as long as the TRV though.
VP= Value Priced model. For a couple years (04'ish?) they had some models that were available with minimal frills (no speedo, no diff lock, etc...) but they were also priced cheaper.

All models full sized models now come with FIS (Fully Independant Supsension). The SRA (Solid Rear Axle) was available up to 2003 I believe.

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
The Thundercat is longer than the standard models, but shorter than the TRV or TBX. I've put both side by side for comparison. The TBX wheelbase is something like 6 inches longer than the Thundercat.
I just decided to edit in a couple side by side pics for comparison. Should have done it the first time bang your head
[attachment=139756:HPIM0514__Small_.JPG]
[attachment=139757:HPIM0515__Small_.JPG]
For a work machine the TRV is more versatile than the TBX because you can buy the cargo box attachment if you want it, but it's not a dump bed like the TBX

Attachments

·
Registered
330 Posts
Damn! That was informational...Been a long time since I have been on the site...Good to see nothing has changed.

mlowe

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
the tcats are 2 inches longer than the h1's, the vp model was sra and made threw 06. as for GC thier all the same as t cat now (ride in) except trv which is still lower, and mudpro's which are the old height plus the 28's.

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
400-700H1 : 50" wheelbase
T-Cat : 52" wheelbase
TRV,TBX, Diesel : 58" wheelbase

All of the "ride in" suspension atv's have a listed 11" GC.
Diesel : 11" GC
MP's have 14" GC

1 - 15 of 15 Posts