Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening,
I bought this sled, 2010 AC F 8 lxr with 3k miles on it. The gentleman I bought it from said he ran Amsoil in it, I guess that's the 2 stroke oil correct?

This probably being the last ride of the season for me in a couple of weeks what do you guys recommend I add at my last fuel stop before I am done for storage additive?

I haven't had a chance to poke or tinker with it because of work. I know there are a few things to address, one of which is the starter. I found some threads on this and will have to wait and see what exactly is the issue is.

Other than the 2 stroke oil and fuel storage question is there anything else I should be entertaining before I put it up and start the process of going through it? Any fuel system cleaner or what have you?

Finally I downloaded the service manual and made a binder so I have that to pour through for some easy reading. Doing that for my 488 was invaluable, it has helped me a few times with this and that.

Thanks again I'm sure it wont be the last time you are called on.

sol...

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
You'll get many opinions on storage procedures. For the fuel I run Sta-Bil fuel stabilizer through while on the trailer. You can tell when it's gone through system by the exhaust smell. I fill tanks with premium non-ethanol fuel which I use all the time. Throughout the sled season I also add Seafoam. Fall time I drain that fuel and put in my truck to add fresh gas to sleds. Did PO service diamond drive? If not you should flush it with Cat flush fluid and add new Cat DD fluid.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts