Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To be mounted under the footwell/tunnel.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Do the supports come with Rivets?? Just wondering, if they do or not. I am thinking of ordering them for my sled. Thanks Scott F

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Old Cat Man @ Feb 5 2007, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Remember with these you need to drop the rear supesion to get at these for install.[/b]
I'll be doing it without dropping the skid. If I decide to use the predrilled holes on the plate, most of them can be drilled with an angle drill under the sled without removing the skid. BUT... There's NO law that says I can't drill my own holes from the outside thru the tunnel and plate at the same time. I guess i'll have to refer back to my previous profession as a UNION SHEET METAL WORKER with extensive fabrication experience. If I can't get the job done start to finish in 30-40 min, im throwing all my TIN KNOCKER TOOLS in the garbage. Not worthy:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey guys, New to the boards and new to snowmobiling. Bought my first sled this year, a 97 mxz 670 for $700.00. Was tired of lagging behind so I just went out and purchased a 06' Xfire 7 brand new. Been reading alot about the tunnel issues. Where can I buy these supports, I just put 60 miles on it Saturday on the river, would rather fix the issue before I end up beatin the piss out of the tunnel.

·
Registered
275 Posts
hmmm, this is very interesting. Where did this info come from, how do you know the part numbers? Arctic cat doesn't even list these parts on their ez-lookup site yet. but the part numbers before these are supports for the 440 SP, so it makes sense.

I emailed my dealer to ask about them.... sent him this picture, asked to put them on to keep me happy...we'll see what they say.

I have franks supports coming in black too...I haven't seen a picture of the black ones yet, so when they come, I'll post one for you guys.

might put both on too... then never worry or read these tunnel posts again. :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ACBOY09 @ Feb 6 2007, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (6Mile @ Feb 6 2007, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MELROSEMAFIA @ Feb 5 2007, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To be mounted under the footwell/tunnel.[/b]
Someone should take these use them as a template and produce them out of aluminum.
[/b][/quote]
yes
[/b][/quote]

Frank?? Old Cat Man?? Can you whip something up?????

·
Registered
942 Posts
I take it that the original's are steel? painted black

I'd be interested in a set of aluminun as well. :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (A05GSHO @ Feb 6 2007, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ACBOY09 @ Feb 6 2007, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (6Mile @ Feb 6 2007, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MELROSEMAFIA @ Feb 5 2007, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To be mounted under the footwell/tunnel.[/b]
Someone should take these use them as a template and produce them out of aluminum.
[/b][/quote]
yes
[/b][/quote]

Frank?? Old Cat Man?? Can you whip something up?????
[/b][/quote]

Hi,

Yes, if someone gets a me set I can make some copies in Alum if you want. But, I'm not sure about price I think they would be more that the price that Cat is selling them for since Alum cost way more per pound. But, if someone has a set I can scan them in and get a quote then.

Frank

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Just ordered a set last night. As soon as I get them I will draw them up on my CAD system and let so we can have a drawing to make them up in aluminum. Plus I will be able to give anyone the file, I can pretty much export in any format that would be needed. Just let me know.

Jeremy

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Beaker @ Feb 7 2007, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Just ordered a set last night. As soon as I get them I will draw them up on my CAD system and let so we can have a drawing to make them up in aluminum. Plus I will be able to give anyone the file, I can pretty much export in any format that would be needed. Just let me know.

Jeremy[/b]

Hi,

That would be great, do you want my dxf file for the tunnel spports we have made? I use dxf to cut them on the laser.

Frank

just email me at [email protected]

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
My dealer just called to tell me my support plates are in. Will pick them up tonight and try to get them drawn up Friday. Will try to get the dxf file to Old Cat Man so he can make them out of aluminum by Fri afternoon.

Jeremy

·
Registered
15 Posts
What's wrong with the steel support plates? Why the big push to make them out of aluminum? Rear arm mounting brackets are steel, and no one complains about them? Can someone explain this to me?

·
Registered
193 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bowser @ Feb 8 2007, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What's wrong with the steel support plates? Why the big push to make them out of aluminum? Rear arm mounting brackets are steel, and no one complains about them? Can someone explain this to me?[/b]
I am thinking the exact same thing - Actually i was a little critical of steel also , until i got my magnet inside that tunnel - Like you said , rear arm mounting brackets , all the rivets , few things up front etc. Inside tunnel , were front arm bolts go through , small brackets inside , steel

And these steel plates weigh nothing - Put it to this way - My Crossfire 7 had the steering update done at the dealer - My wifes C6 didnt need it - I removed the steering update on my C7 , and bought from Cat the new and improved latest part# correct bell crank

I would guess that solid steel shaft that was part of the steering update - Weighs a hell of lot more then those inside steel plates plus Franks outside aluminum tunnel supports combined

Maybe i will weigh everything at work next week - Franks supports - Cats steel supports - Cats steering update - Digital scale at work

I will watch the rust issue this winter and get back to everyone
And i still plan on doing my wifes Crossfire 6 the same way - Inside and outside - Added security and everything is sitting in my garage waiting to bee installed

Scott

1 - 20 of 33 Posts