Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace ALL the bushings in my Aarms. Upper, lower. inside, outside, left and right. front and back.
I know how to do it, just want the best and most complete kit!

Can a broha' help me out?

Mike
PS it's an 05 650V2

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
if you go into the arctic chat paid sponsors forum sanny makes some bushings that are supposed to be top notch(i havent used them yet as my machine isnt even a yr old). But from what everyone else said they are superior to the stock ones that you can get from cat.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
I think he only does the shock bushings, but it won't hurt to PM him.

BTI

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
he's working on the other's, maybe he'll chime in with a progress report. airdam said he might be able to make some also.

wyo has a write up on using bronze bushings but you gotta ream the arm holes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
as far as i know he's still working on some. Cole talked to him about getting some about a month ago and that's the last i heard of it.

·
Premium Member
1,375 Posts
while you are diggin into it, you may wanna tap a hole for some grease fittings on your a-arms. i had a set of a-arm bushings made from uhmw poly plastic and they still wore out.

·
Registered
504 Posts
This sounds really strange to me. I wore out my shock bushings and put Sanny's on, but I have never replaced the A-Arm bushings. I checked mine for play about a month or so ago when I had it all apart, and they were tight as can be.

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
they might seem tight apart, grab your upper a arm and watch it wiggle together.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
yep already wore out 2 sets of a arm bushings and collers.
so on the last teardown i decided to buy a bag of grease fittings and drill my a arms.
now all my suspention bushings are greasable, it also made the suspention smooth instead of bind.
so far so good 400 miles and no sighnes of any play.

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
ya i've had zerks in my upper arms since i did the caster mod, keep em full of red and tacky for less slop and bind.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts