Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is running an aftermarket blow off valve? What are you running? How loud is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Turbo smart. Not super loud... but louder than stock. WAY better built then the stock plastic piece.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turbo smart. Not super loud... but louder than stock. WAY better built then the stock plastic piece.

What if kind of like the sound of a loud BOV?
Any recommendations?

·
Registered
52 Posts
No idea?... everyone I know that has a 998 runs the turbo smart..... because they work.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Turbosmart makes one that vents to atmosphere (as in under the hood) rather than vent back into the plastic turbo inlet tube (that crossed between the air filter and the turbo). Makes it louder. They also make one that can be switcher by user between venting into inlet tube and just under the hood so you can switch it whichever way you want.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I was just on the website and I see many options for BOV, I’m picking up a new left over ZR 9000 RR and I’m going to use a Turbo Dynamics tune and maybe a trail exhaust.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was just on the website and I see many options for BOV, I’m picking up a new left over ZR 9000 RR and I’m going to use a Turbo Dynamics tune and maybe a trail exhaust.
There are many options, my question was more specific than that. If I was happy with any BOV I could have just bought one from TD...

·
Registered
17 Posts
just purchased a New BOV from Turbo dynamics made by Turbo Smart. My 17 XF 9000 is completely stock and I want that turbo Flutter sound when letting off throttle, so I bought this. I put it on last night and its nicely manufactured but not loud at all. I can hear the turbo slightly compared to not at all with the stock one. this is only revving it up in my shop not out in snow (melted ). may be louder out under load building boost WOT? would cold air intake help make this louder?
reflash to Higher HP to build more boost pressure? anyone got any ideas? I see sleds on youtube all the time with loud AF BOV don't know what they did?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just purchased a New BOV from Turbo dynamics made by Turbo Smart. My 17 XF 9000 is completely stock and I want that turbo Flutter sound when letting off throttle, so I bought this. I put it on last night and its nicely manufactured but not loud at all. I can hear the turbo slightly compared to not at all with the stock one. this is only revving it up in my shop not out in snow (melted ). may be louder out under load building boost WOT? would cold air intake help make this louder?
reflash to Higher HP to build more boost pressure? anyone got any ideas? I see sleds on youtube all the time with loud AF BOV don't know what they did?
It’s because it’s a recirculating BOV. If you want that loud whooooosh when you let off the throttle you need an atmospheric venting BOV.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It’s because it’s a recirculating BOV. If you want that loud whooooosh when you let off the throttle you need an atmospheric venting BOV.

I have the Bikeman BOV. It’s a nice metal unit and it vents to atmo so it’s plenty loud. One thing I have noticed with the stock tune is you really don’t get the signature flutter, but anyone within 50 feet of you will hear the blow off. They also come with a snow filter installed so you won’t have to worry about snow getting in there and freezing up.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have the Bikeman BOV. It’s a nice metal unit and it vents to atmo so it’s plenty loud. One thing I have noticed with the stock tune is you really don’t get the signature flutter, but anyone within 50 feet of you will hear the blow off. They also come with a snow filter installed so you won’t have to worry about snow getting in there and freezing up. View attachment 363897
I have a TD CAI, TD Charge tubes, TD powertrail, STM secondary, STM clutching, MBRP race pipe, Scott Taylor Gears and Chain, Scott Taylor brace, Turbosmart 50/50 BOV. So my sled isn’t quite stock. This summer I plan on adding the TD Map sensor, the Max 17 tune, TD header, STM Rage 4 clutch, Dave Moegle improves reverse gear,

·
Registered
32 Posts
Which Turbosmart BOV did you buy?
Did you read this whole thread? I detailed the 2 most common ones from TurboSmart. One is only recirc and the other you can set either to recirc or vent.
Yes, there will be more blow-off when you're riding because there will be more boost and going on and off the throttle. You really can't generate much boost running a sled on a stand (at least not without holding the brake on!).
You gotta remember there's allot of exhaust and mechanical noise coming from under the hood on your sled too that will make it harder to hear blow-off. Even if you use the TurboSmart BOV that vents under the hood it still will be harder to hear on a snowmobile.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Did you read this whole thread? I detailed the 2 most common ones from TurboSmart. One is only recirc and the other you can set either to recirc or vent.
Yes, there will be more blow-off when you're riding because there will be more boost and going on and off the throttle. You really can't generate much boost running a sled on a stand (at least not without holding the brake on!).
You gotta remember there's allot of exhaust and mechanical noise coming from under the hood on your sled too that will make it harder to hear blow-off. Even if you use the TurboSmart BOV that vents under the hood it still will be harder to hear on a snowmobile.
Yes, I bought the one you mentioned. It’s set to recirculate. I plan on buying a quieter exhaust too. The MBRP drones terribly. Takes away from enjoyment

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, I bought the one you mentioned. It’s set to recirculate. I plan on buying a quieter exhaust too. The MBRP drones terribly. Takes away from enjoyment

·
Registered
17 Posts
Seems like F7pozy wants blow-off to be loud so he should get the same one you have and set it to vent.
I Bought the Recirculating one, its all Turbo Dynamics has to offer, I should have read this thread before buying lol. I called Turbo Dynamics today and spoke to a tech there he said on his personal AC 9000 he has exact same BOV I have and he left it unhooked from the Intake side so it Purges under his hood not into his intake. and plugged his open intake hose also so it don't suck up snow and he said he has not expierenced any lag what so ever and his BOV Noise is what im looking for. I am goin to try this tonight we'll see. But im sure it would be way more of a obnoxious sound on trail under load WOT and that's what im after :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I Bought the Recirculating one, its all Turbo Dynamics has to offer, I should have read this thread before buying lol. I called Turbo Dynamics today and spoke to a tech there he said on his personal AC 9000 he has exact same BOV I have and he left it unhooked from the Intake side so it Purges under his hood not into his intake. and plugged his open intake hose also so it don't suck up snow and he said he has not expierenced any lag what so ever and his BOV Noise is what im looking for. I am goin to try this tonight we'll see. But im sure it would be way more of a obnoxious sound on trail under load WOT and that's what im after :)
The guys at TD are great. I think perhaps a CAI, charge tubes, and tune should be considered down the road.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Plan on this fall doing the 270 Hp reflash, clutch kit,CAI and can. Unsure on can 2.5 or 3 inch, all from TD. Would like to do the launch control but pry wouldn’t use much. Still kinda cool to have. I dunno about charge tubes? Ain’t they just for looks?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts