Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys if anyone has an airbox for 99 zrt600 they dont need or are parting out please send me a message i need one, i would also like the side vent piece that goes with it
the airbox in my 97 sucks so i would like to upgrade it

thanks
dan

·
Registered
780 Posts
If you wouldn't mind; take a few pics of the "conversion" as my brother has a '97 ZRT 600 and hates the airbox on his sled also. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont think its going to take much to do it, i took the box out of my frinds 99 and it looks like it will fit right in just by moving a few thing a little bit

i am sick of the throttle freeze ups, the newer sleds pull air from outside
the current box is still somewhat inside the engine compartment what is happening is that at lower temperatures under about 20 degrees powder hits the pipes and for a split second turns into steam and is beeing sucked into the ice cold carb bodies and freezes to the sides.

anyone thinking about running unifilters should pay attention to this, make sure your kill circuits work , especially if you have the throttle switches bypassed or disabled.

the disc brake doesnt even slow this machine down if it sticks wide open, trust me i found this out real quick last weekend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts