Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sled is a 99 ZR700. Carbed.

Have a bit of an issue I can seem to figure out.

After hard starting the thing absolutely would not go above idle. Disconnected the safety switch, no difference. After an hour of trying to figure it out I finally disconnected the feed wire for the gauges and headlight and the thing ran perfectly. 100MPH on the river, same as normal, but no headlights, no power to any accessories. No headlight, no tach, etc.

The thing absolutely will not run with that connector plugged in. Any ideas? Could the stator not be putting out enough voltage to run all the accessories and the engine?

Need ideas fast!

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
Did you unplug the right connector the first time for the TSS. The lighting coil off the stator does not fix the problem you're having. You may also have some other flaky ignition switch like the kill, key or tether, but its something associated with your switches by the sounds of it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing is hooked up there at this point. Push kill switch is disconnected, tether and key disconnected with a jumper wire in between where those hook into the harness.

Could be the issue. I dunno.

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
You don't need a jumper for that system. The other option is hook everything back up and just unplug the connectors that go to the carbs. This also bypasses the TSS

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pickardracing @ Dec 20 2009, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
There is a three-wire plug going into the top of the right side carburetor, is this the one you're talking about?[/b]
I'm not familiar with that sled, does it have TM carbs? (rack style with single throttle cable). If that's the only wiring harness that should be it. Older VM carbs had 2 wire harnesses going to each individual carb.

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
I'm not sure how the TSS works on TM carbs like yours. If you go back and remove that jumper that's may be all you need to do.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I think the three wire plug is for the TPS. If this ignition is 3D and you unplug that, you won't get the proper spark advance. The TPS is used for the TSS though. I think you will need to disable at the handle bar.

BP

1 - 8 of 8 Posts