Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend, while riding my buddies sled, the thing started to sputter/miss BAD after 7K RPMS. Wouldn't go above 55-60mph. We stopped, and I threw in a new set of plugs, which seemed to cure it for a while. We didn't get more than 10 miles down the trail and it starts it again. It'll run perfect at idle and all the way up to 7K, but after that its like its pumpin a dead cylinder. We tried new plugs again, and swapped the plug wires side to side, which didn't seem to make a difference. I'm going to try swapping coils, but from what I've read and know, this seems likely a stator failure. Another thing was it was a pretty warm day when this was acting up.... Any thoughts? TIA!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Disconnect the tps and if it still does it, I would check out your stator...I have had 2 99 zl 600's that had the exact same problem and turned out to be the stator....Best way to test it is to do resistance tests on the stator plug when its good and hot and these symptoms arise....When I checked mine, the resistance measurements were in spec but when it was hot, they were just out of spec.....that's what I know :beer_cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No APV's. Good ole fuel hog.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts