Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 99 arctic cat Zr 500 efi. Got a good deal on the machine an am looking for a fuel pump for it any suggestions where I can find one at a reasonable price??

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Those pumps are a little different. Where the lines connect to the pump the 97 is pointed in and on the 98-99 they point out. It may still work on the later models, but a 98 -99 does not fit real well on a 97. Just thought I would give a heads up before you ordered one of those.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks. I found one for 100$ but still not for sure if that's what it is...guy I got it from said it was all rebuilt an just isn't getting gas so if say its that just hoping its not the stator

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Ok thanks. I found one for 100$ but still not for sure if that's what it is...guy I got it from said it was all rebuilt an just isn't getting gas so if say its that just hoping its not the stator
You can easily test the pump by hooking it to a 12V battery. There is a connector by the steering post. Red to + Black to -. You should hear the pump run. You can go farther by getting a fuel pressure tester and put a tee in the line on the opposite side of the fuel rail from the regulator. It should put out about 38 psi.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts