Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, My nephew just bought a 99 zr 440 sno pro, he also has a 99 z sno pro. The zr he just picked up and has a few ?? First of its going to be trail rode and beat in the feilds around home alot, Hes rough on his toys! The time switches should it be just ran on 0 and in the cold setting?, also it only hits around 8000-8100 max rpms, launches at 5000 and feels sluggish between 5000-7000 then puls nice from 7000-8000. We ran it alot tonight in the back feild just trying to feel it out and get it tuned for him. Would like some suggestions on a good clutching setup. going to pull the primary apart tommorow. it has some type of stepped weights in it now?? Sorry for all the ?? thanks For any advice and help.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
there famous for power valve problems thats why it might not rev up past 7000 they could be stuck closed. I think there spose to rev to 8500. As far as the timing stuff on them I dont know best bet would be to find a proformance manual for that sled tells you more about the adjustable timing. If its a power valve problem sad to say there hard to find power valves for them.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Valves are once again available from Cat. You need to get the update kit as well if not done yet.
They are fun sleds. Keep the valves clean. Run the switch on cold, set the dial on -2 with 92+ fuel. They like octane. Watch the plugs and piston wash and adjust accordingly. Stock clutchs work great.
Max revs are in the 82-8300 range, after that power drops off

Do a search on here, lots of info. Post in the SnoPro Show as ACR said

Have fun

Jeff

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well checked out the clutches, all ok. Pulled the power valves apart and they arnt in there, look blocked off? I changed the belt and now it hits 8500, but it had a 021 belt on it and I put a 021 on and it seems to tight. I thought by the books I read that it took the same belt as most, a 020?? amd I wrong. should it have the 021? thanks For all the help.
aslo is the snoprow show section the snowpro+10???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts