Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 99 zl 500 efi/drained gas at sumerize. fires on starter fluid. but isnt getting any fuel.never had this problem.any help!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
how long will it run on the starter fluid? you may need to keep running it on gas/premix in the plug holes for a little while to get gas going through the lines.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Is your tank full to the top? From what I understand, it is very helpful to have the tank full on the EFI's to get them to fire after storage. Read that on this site somewhere. Also read on here that starting fluid is generally not that good for your engine. Just an FYI.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I would run the sled off of gas in the plug holes until it will idle for 5 minutes or so or longer then it would run before.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I heard the same thing with Starter fluid. I heard that it will eat away at the seals in your engine don't know if thats true or not.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Wouldn't doubt it... just use gas if possible... if you absolutly have to use starter fluid then use it but you should use gas first.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dont like to use starter fluid.but my arm was fixin to fall off.it only runs a few secs.any other ideas on priming the fuel lines.thanks for the feedback. also wonder is this common if you run an efi out of gas?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
You just need to keep pouring gas into the cylinders so it can get primed all through the lines. Once you do that you should be fine. If it doesn't do it after about ten times then I would check you lines for obstructions.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
yeah, no problem. Just keep trying and if it doesn't get primed then try going through the lines and getting them primed. That is where you go next, just work you way to the tank. Any Merry Christmas to you too!

·
Registered
25 Posts
i gotta the same sled and when i drained the tank i took it rite off and dumped it
i took the lines of the throttle bodies cuz they were stuck on the pump and i didnt want to screw it up....i didnt have to prime the lines or the pump.. did u have ur airbox out at the same time cuz its a tite fit with the fuel lines and the airbox and when i put mine back i noticed that the box was crushin the return line so check to see if u have pinched ur fuel or return line if u had ur box out

1 - 13 of 13 Posts