Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for info by anyone about upgrading the front suspension from my 99 Powder
Special 600 (37" ski stance) to 2001 or newer with/without adjustable ski stance of 42" or 43"/41"- 43".
Does anyone know if the A arms will bolt up to the tub or is it a different spacing...I realize I will have to go with the complete front end including shocks, springs, a arms, spindle's and stuff to make it work but would give a better handling sled....
Any Opinions??

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm going to do that to my '99 zrt also. Found everything on e-bay, even remote clickers freshly rebuilt. Looks like a straight forward swap. The parts are out there, just be patient to find a bargain. I spent about $275 on all the parts.

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
While you have it apart you should put grease ******* in every moving part. Check this out in the "upgrading the Aws-4 to 13" travel and 46"stance" mod that is pinned at the top of the ZR/ZRT section. Once you go to take out the A-Arm to bulkhead bolts you'll find out why.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, So all AWS 5 A arms will work... Great... I will Look on Ebay for those parts or find a parts sled. Thanks to everyone for the tips, Much appreciated! Rockerdude
The best news of the day is It's snowing out now and more on the way tonight :sno:

:banman:
:sledder: tomorrow with the kids!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts