Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i got this sled for cheap...died in my driveway and didnt start after i drove it home...i went threw everything. Pulled the motor put in new crank seals and a new topend and checked the bearing(they were good)
For the carbs i put in new needles and seats
they have 300to mains and i think 20 or 22.5 pilots...not sure on the neelde clip position....i couldnt get them out
It has a new fuel pump and plugs

Now it starts great ...one pull revs nice untill its under load then it has no power and spits and spuders....wont go very fast at all....seems to get worst as it get warmer but it may have been overheating its 35 degrees here

any ideas what i can do?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went over the power vavles...they did have some broken parts...i had new ines made at a machine shop
I have fresh 91 in it
Compression was 165 on a cold engine right after the rebuild re-checked it after 10-15 min if running ants its 145 on a warm engine??
Wat is a tss?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Pull the line in tank make sure its not broke off or cracked and starving itself for fuel. Pull the line on the fuel pump and pull the sled over see if gas comes out. Check make sure the slides in the carbs go up and down even so its not your TSS. That way you limit all that. Other thing is check the primary clutch see if the springs is broke.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ill check the line on the tank but the rest is all new
I seen gas fill the lines when i started pulling it over
i know the slides move because i synchronized the slides
i also had the clutch apart and know thats all good

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.