Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
0F7C0CBE-FC3C-49B3-AB85-7A66E8F8E562.jpeg
E89578AA-5578-4EBD-9101-85136BB233E1.jpeg
Hello again fellas, have another question about my 1999 panther 440. I’ve removed the suspension to change sliders, bearings etc. I’ve heard and read a bit about the rear shock mount pivot being out of position and scrubbing out the drive lugs on the track (which already happened with another previous owner) I’ve put it back together in the only position that looks right…I’ve tried to get it up higher by removing the springs and reinstalling them but they always return to the same position. I’ll enclose a picture to show the position…if it’s not correct, could someone help me with the procedure to get it in the right position?

·
Premium Member
3,397 Posts
pictures are weird.
you have 2 skids, 1 on top of the other?
or did someone add en extra shock and 2 guide bars below the rear shock?
need side profile pictures.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s 2 of the same suspensions in the same configuration….just stacked to save room in my tiny basement.

·
Premium Member
3,397 Posts
ok
it looks like the shock is in the right position.
pretty sure once the skid is in the sled with weight on it the hooked arm will move up and forward a bit.
i highly recommend replacing those ride fx shocks with some older zl or zr rear skid shocks.
we did it and what big difference

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok
it looks like the shock is in the right position.
pretty sure once the skid is in the sled with weight on it the hooked arm will move up and forward a bit.
i highly recommend replacing those ride fx shocks with some older zl or zr rear skid shocks.
we did it and what big difference
Are those the rebuildable shocks?
Also thank you for the reply…I was thinking that might be the case when the skid goes back in, only thing that gave me doubts was when I flexed the rear arm under spring tension, the front mount arm cammed down towards the track instead of up, but if it has constant pressure on it I would imagine it would cam over center in the right direction.

·
Premium Member
3,397 Posts
yes
any of the fox rebuildable work well.
i am going to get some pics of ours installed in the sleds, they are sitting on the trailer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts