Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I road my wifes Jag just a few times this season. The last time I was tooling around the yard with my son and the engine would bog now and then as if it was running out of gas. Could this be due to a sticky float or dirty carb? I was just offered a decent price for the sled and want to sell it, however I dont want too with this existing problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
When you say Bog! do you mean like the engine sounds like it wants to shut off as if you hit the kill switch.

Im sure thats what you meant by running out of gas. I have the same problem with a 900 and the problem is the throttle saftey switch im sure. ( at least it seems to be the most common unknown problem )

Im no expert on your sled but im sure you have one (TSS) and its probally worn and from time to time when your moving the throttle, it triggers a bad spot in the sensor. When this happen your sleds saftey system thinks your asking for zero gas but the engine appears to by doing anything but zero. So your sled is just trying to save your life. But its only a machine an does not know its parts are failing and giving incorrect feedback.

There is many posts here regarding this issue and im sure if you do a search you will find more info regarding this problem. Dont forget to tell ever person you know with one of these. I found last weekend and i have already found 3 people that have got worked over by a dealer.

Well hope that helps, and i would not run or sell your sled with a saftey system disabled. It could be a problem. Just imagine if your carbs or cables stuck at 75% gas on a 900, by the time you figure out whats going it might be too late.

Jasun

1 - 2 of 2 Posts