Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello I recently acquired a 99 600 zl efi. It has a d&d chip & single pipe. Riding it around the yard I noticed that I won't rev above 7000 rpm. I did alot of research determined that the high side ignition coil on the stator was out of spec. I'm bought one from caltric stator and it burned through the wires. Didn't realize I had to bend the wires back more.

The question is I would rather not replace 100 stators even though I can do it with my eyes closed. I have heard of people swapping in a 2000 ecu, stator ,and stator
plate. I was wondering exactly what all this entails. There's not much information out there. What about the timing? How about the d&d exhaust.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hello I recently acquired a 99 600 zl efi. It has a d&d chip & single pipe. Riding it around the yard I noticed that I won't rev above 7000 rpm. I did alot of research determined that the high side ignition coil on the stator was out of spec. I'm bought one from caltric stator and it burned through the wires. Didn't realize I had to bend the wires back more.

The question is I would rather not replace 100 stators even though I can do it with my eyes closed. I have heard of people swapping in a 2000 ecu, stator ,and stator
plate. I was wondering exactly what all this entails. There's not much information out there. What about the timing? How about the d&d exhaust.
Don't really know if the 2000 stator and ECU is any better then your 1999. You need to contact stator kev and stay away from aftermarket stuff that does not work/fit. That goes for your chip and pipe. Sell it on Ebay and put the stock stuff back on. It will run better and last longer. If you want a hot rod sled, get a carbed model and go wild, just keep your stock EFI sled as a back-up when your hot rod burns up. I know this is not what you wanted to hear, but you asked for my opinion, by posting here. Call stator kev!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts