Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tryed search but it dosen't seem to work! I am going to do the tss bypass as mentioned in the pinned topics,but am wondering if it effects your take off? Here's whats happening and what I have done.When grabbing a handful of throttle when taking off sled hesitates until it builds rpm then it will lift skis,i've taken a shim out of the secondary to get proper belt deflection [300 miles on new A\C belt]went up a hole on the sec. spring as well seemed to help a little.My clutches have been off and cleaned and inspected for worn bushings and rollers.I also swapped out springs in my primary not brand new but seemed good.Do the efi's have fuel filters somewhere?In the fall I pulled the fuel pump out of the tank and pickups were good.Any ideas or suggestions? bang your head

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
Do the throttle safety switch disconnect and get back to us!! Will almost guarantee thats the fix. BTW, sweet pic in the avatar.......know where a guy can get a sticker like that?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I did the tss switch disconnect and it really had no effect on the hesitation.Is there a fuel filter on this somewhere?Also pulled the airbox sensor and cleaned it with a q tip and alcohol.Should I maybe take some tension [back off 1 hole on secondary]of the sec. spring instead of winding it up one? Will this affect the top end? It maybe the best to just buy two new springs and try.Any suggestions? Jay

·
Registered
95 Posts
I would check the plugs and wires for sure, cheap and easy to do. Spark tends to leak under load, and it is most noticable under load. One sure way would be to run your bare hand along the whole length of the wire and plug while its running, you'll know if there is a weak spot!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I just bought a new yel/white primary spring for $30. and returned the secondary back to stock settings,my son says she just rips now.Funny how a two year old spring [I replaced it previous]sacking out can make such a difference.I am glad to find out about the throttle safety switch problem with this sled as I was also having a problem with suddenly dying motor on the trail as well. On top of this the snow has finally arrived, it's all good!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts