Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a 1998 ZR600 efi. Apon riding today it all of a sudden decide to throttle up on its own and wouldn't stop. So i hit the kill switch. After checking the throttle cables, handle bars and carbs nothing was stuck, but for some reason now apon start up it rev's up to about 3000 rpm and won't idle down. I tired hitting the gas to see if it would drop but it doesn't and seem's to bog out instead of climbing higher. I'm stumped any help with this problem would be great. I have unhooked the tss switch and still does the same.I dunno

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
check the fuel pressure and then you may have to check the tps. check for air leaks also. carb boots and crank seals.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
in order to rev up it has to be getting air from somewhere. It can be getting too much fuel but without air all the excess fuel will do is make it rich. Check the throttle bodies to make sure they are closing, check the boots for cracks, etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help. Butterfly was sticking on one carb and wouldn't let it return to idle. Now on start up it doesn't want to idle by it's self. And bog's right down when trying to throttle up and won't go over 30 k's. any advice on this would be much help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts