Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I was out riding last night and I noticed the steering on my ZR 600 was getting really sloppy. It go so bad that when I was stationary, I could turn the handlebars but the skis stayed straight. When moving, I can turn and stuff, but my turn radius is very wide and there is a lot of play in my handlebars. Could someone point me to diagrams of the steering set up for my sled? I am assuming this fix is going to require me taking the plate off. Anyone have suggestions on lifting the sled up without a floor jack or lift?

Thanks

EDIT: Just bought the service manual:
http://www.rmanual.com/part_1543/rm

This appears to be for a ZR 600

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hate to double post, but I figured out the problem and fixed it. My Bell Crank was snapped in half.

Replacement was a pain, but I got it done. Turns out this bellcrank part has been replaced with a new part anyway. Simpler design.

Old Part: 0705-195 Arm, Steering(inc. 2 #7, 1 #27)
New Part: 0705-422 BELLCRANK, STEERING W/AXLES

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
I must have missed you original post or I would have responded. Glad you got it solved. I have a 98 as well and that same part broke on my sled. I opted to just weld it up since I have a welder at home. BTW, thanks for posting the final outcome. I for one don't like coming across threads citing a problem and then no solution.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts