Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My younger sister has started riding my old ZR. Noticed the primary is starting to get noisy. Assume it is pretty well shot and cheaper to replace then rebuild. Where is the best place to pick up a new one. Thanks.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I have one ready to go all loaded with less then 50 miles on it. Make a offer or let me know if your interested.

·
Registered
398 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rippin600 @ Feb 22 2007, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
what weights and spring?[/b]
It has a EPI red spring and around 50 gram weights. Stock is yellow/white with 48 gram weights. This was on a 98ZR600 but the crank blew just after putting it on. I can check the weights for an exact number but even with the motor going sour it sill made a big difference over the stock set up and worn out clutch. I was going to keep it for my 2000ZR600 but mine only has about 1000 on the clutch and with the seasons we've been having mine won't need to be replaced for 4-5 more years anyways. I can send pics if you want.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Do you still have this clutch if you do and he is not interested I may want it did you have the stock secondary spring and helix set up with it and are the weights notched or not?
Jay

·
Registered
451 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bty34 @ Feb 22 2007, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
My younger sister has started riding my old ZR. Noticed the primary is starting to get noisy. Assume it is pretty well shot and cheaper to replace then rebuild. Where is the best place to pick up a new one. Thanks.[/b]
Agree cheaper to replace than rebuild BUT check the bushings and bolts on the cam arms first.

·
Registered
398 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ZR600x2 @ Feb 28 2007, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Do you still have this clutch if you do and he is not interested I may want it did you have the stock secondary spring and helix set up with it and are the weights notched or not?
Jay[/b]
Weights are not notched and I believe they are 52 grams with a red EPI spring (145-300). The stock yellow secondary spring is fine to use but you'll want around a 56-44 helix to get the most out of this set-up. I didn't have a asking price as this wasn't a for sale thread by myself but I'm looking to get the most out of this as I can.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts