Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 98 sno pro that has about 1400 miles on it. He thought it needed the carbs cleaned, ran but started hard and was doggy didn't idle well. Cleaned carbs, fuel tank, replaced fuel lines and still had the problem. I know that the timing knob was turned while the engine was not running and don't know where was at. Thought it was a fuel problem because I could get it started if I used a little starter fluid and then it would kinda run and drive around but didn't seem to be running right and would die if stopped. Changed the fuel pump thinking it was fuel problem but had the same problems. Got it running kinda and messed with the hot/cold timing switch and it would sometimes seem to change how it was running but not every time I moved the switch. Seems to be ignition/electrical. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After spending 6 hrs reading through 25 pages of posts that had the words sno pro in them last night until my phone went dead. I am going to check out/clean the power valves, but I couldn't find anything on setting the ignition setting, if it's been messed with is there a spot to start at when changing it or can you get it started and turn it through the dial and put back at - 2 or - 1? Or just turn it to the spot you want after it's running?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts