Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added a 2 up seat and back rest to my 121 EXT for my wife to ride along and now need more support (BTW, she's 115 lbs) Any long term issues using the 4 and 5 position aluminum adjuster blocks I see on eBay? Can the torsion springs handle that much more tension when wound tighter than the factory AC 3 position block?

How difficult is it to adapt an overload system to the existing suspension? Anyone have pics or links to everything needed? thanks,,,

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
I don't like the 4 and 5 position adjuster blocks. My reasoning is that the springs were designed for a certain load and made accordingly. If you use the taller adjusters, you are preloading more which may not of itself overload the spring, but then when you add more weight, because that's why you went with those adjusters, you have now stressed the spring beyond what it was designed for. Ever take the spring out of a ball point pen and pull on it. Pull on it a little and no problem. Pull on it too much and the spring stretches and does not return to its original shape. Same thing is going to happen with the suspension spring.

They make torsion springs that are heavier duty and that is what oldcatrider is talking about. I would go with the bearcat springs though. They are super duty. The part numbers are 0704-944 and 0704-945

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree on the billet 4-6 position adjuster blocks, seems like if the springs were designed to take that much twisting, AC would have designed the factory blocks accordingly.

I really cant do HD springs though, sometimes my 75 pound--13 year old daughter rides that sled solo and also, my wife only rides on back a couple times a year. It actually rides outstanding with her on back, just need to keep it from hitting bottom as much. An overload system that can be turned on and off is really what I need...

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
I can go out later and take a pic of my old 2-up Panther overload springs and get a few dimensions. I can also actuate them to show how they operate so you can see if it will work for you. May not be until this evening though.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can go out later and take a pic of my old 2-up Panther overload springs and get a few dimensions. I can also actuate them to show how they operate so you can see if it will work for you. May not be until this evening though.
That would be awesome, thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts