Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody ever changed the clutches on a 98 300 4x4? I'm getting ready to tackle the project. I've never been into an atv engine to do anything. I'm guessing the clutch is my problem. It's gotten hard to change gears. Most of the time I'm having to "stomp" on the gear shifter for it to change gears while on the trail. Someone told me that they just need adjusted. But I'm going to go ahead and install new "upgraded" plates and springs. I just put oversize tires on it. I was told to "upgrade" my clutch. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Administrator
40,682 Posts
Get a manual.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry but if I wanted a smartass answer, I would have asked myself instead of a forum that's supposed to help people. If I had a manual or could find a manual, I wouldn't be asking.

·
Administrator
40,682 Posts
It wasn't a smart ass reply it was advice to get a manual before you start tearing into a motor that you know nothing about. Had you put any effort into finding a manual first you would know what you were up against. Any cat dealer , eBay , Midwest manuals ,my green manuals just to name a few. If you want help treat people with respect and don't assume that it is your right to receive help here. Many people donate their time and knowledge to help people like you.

Reactions: cordak
1 - 4 of 4 Posts