Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just threw on carbs, got rid of my EFI. My dealer says 430 is stock for my sled, but the manual says 360's. Now i opted for the rich one to be on the safe side, im also running black magic twin pipes, and unifilters. I started off with 470's for the weekend, and now im down to 440's which is as low as i have for jets. I dont want to just jump down to 380ish jets if its too lean to play it safe on a brand new motor. So what is your stock 98-00 600 running for jets?? From there ill know where to jet with the pipes, etc. thanks! and i know its a dumb question, but getting 2 different numbers from 2 different arctic cat sources.... sure does confuse me.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ohh and i have 38mm round slides, forgot to add that. I know some of the newer 600's had flatslides.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have a 99 zr7 with D&D twins and im running 350 and running rich still in 0-25, so those 430 would be like dumping gas out the exhaust, Im pretty sure you'd be in the area of 360-320. me personally I would try 350-340 and check piston wash or plugs and go from there

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the input, that definitely leads me to believe 430 is no where near where i have to be. I went through 6 plugs this week, but didnt want to go much lower just incase. thanks! Anyone with a 600 have feedback?

·
Registered
238 Posts
just checked brown leisure, and for 38 round 430 mains are stock, flat slide ones use 350. thats a bit of a difference I dunno guess I was way off, sorry

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MarcF @ Feb 19 2007, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
just checked brown leisure, and for 38 round 430 mains are stock, flat slide ones use 350. thats a bit of a difference I dunno guess I was way off, sorry[/b]
Im going to take a good look into all my carb insides, as im running 440's now with twin pipes and UNI filters, i should be running lean according to cat, but im soaking plugs and getting 3 MPG.

·
Registered
238 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SteveR @ Feb 20 2007, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MarcF @ Feb 19 2007, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just checked brown leisure, and for 38 round 430 mains are stock, flat slide ones use 350. thats a bit of a difference I dunno guess I was way off, sorry[/b]
Im going to take a good look into all my carb insides, as im running 440's now with twin pipes and UNI filters, i should be running lean according to cat, but im soaking plugs and getting 3 MPG.
[/b][/quote]

whats your needle at, that had alot to do with my bad gas mileage, raised it to 3rd clip and it helped alot, was getting 4-5 now 9-10

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MarcF @ Feb 20 2007, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SteveR @ Feb 20 2007, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MarcF @ Feb 19 2007, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]

whats your needle at, that had alot to do with my bad gas mileage, raised it to 3rd clip and it helped alot, was getting 4-5 now 9-10
[/b][/quote]

Needle is set at centre height. My 1/4-3/4 throttle range is running strong, so i left it where it was.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I just bought a used 98 zr 600 with bm twins. It has a 350 jet in it right now but would also like to know whats its supposed to be since I think this guy kind of ieced it together. It has the jet cart on it and 420 @ -30*f (i think was the biggest it showed). The cat catalog shows 430**. I wonder what the ** means. What elevation and temp do you want and I'll get it off the cover.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ragerc92 @ Feb 22 2007, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I just bought a used 98 zr 600 with bm twins. It has a 350 jet in it right now but would also like to know whats its supposed to be since I think this guy kind of ieced it together. It has the jet cart on it and 420 @ -30*f (i think was the biggest it showed). The cat catalog shows 430**. I wonder what the ** means. What elevation and temp do you want and I'll get it off the cover.[/b]
So you are as confused as i am, haha. what cut out is your slide on your carb? 2.5? or 3? My buddie is a cat mechanic, and hes gonna check out the actual specs from the service manual tomorrow for me. When i find out, ill post for you also.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts