Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know how to jumper out anything on the efi module to find out the codes? instead of paying the dealer 150$ to check it with their reader?,,,remember this is the batteryless system.

thanks
froggee

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the codes will only show up if the sled will run,, mine won't even burp...
has spark,, no fuel,,
thanks
froggee

·
Registered
105 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
need some help guys,,,first of all,, it does have a new stator,, it was running great one evening, next morning started good, 2nd pull as usual, took a run with her for about 10 minutes,, ran a little off,,parked it beside my zr440, started it, then the 580 sounded weird,, idled down then shut down,, (my 440zr would not start either!) anyways,,checked the plugs, totally dry, I thought it was froz up like the 440's carbs were (very cold),,took the 580 home, heated garage, 2 days later still no gas,, when i pull her over the "led" lights up then shuts off after pulling,, it did sputter a little today but not much, could it be plugged up injectors, or fuel pump,,?,, is there any way of jumpering the efi module to get the codes?,, instead of bringing to the dealer,,, remember this one is the battery less one,, any help would be appreciated,,
thanks,,
froggee
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
try unpluging water temp sensor will go into full fuel mode.and see if will start or supply 12 vdc to fuel pump from a battery to see if fuel pump works should buzz. if not brushes are worn out.or unplug fuel pump and check for continuity less than 10 ohms .if OL if it is brushes worn.
hope this helps
[/b][/quote]

ecu won't tell youthe fuel pump is bad wil have to check manually to see.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried the water temp sensor,, nothing,, I will be checking the fuel pump,, i am thinking this is the problem. I will keep you guys informed,..
thanks
froggee

1 - 6 of 6 Posts