Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I am new to this site, but not new to the sport.I have been around sleds my whole life. LOVE THS SPORT!!!Clap I was wondering about installing an aftermarket can on my 97 T-cat. I have heard mixed reviews on these. Some say they add some HP (web site claims 2hp increase) and some say they just make more noise, and others say they decrease power and performance. Does anyone out there have any real world experience with this? I don't want to spend the $200 bucks and take the thing off cause I lost what I have. I am looking at va DG silencer. 3 into three, and keep my stock pipes. I amlooking for a little more bark, and perhaps a little more bite. I don't really need any more bite though, as this thing rocks pretty good now.
Its been ported, polished, cluthed and studded. Running about 9000 revs WOT.Rockerdude Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had a DG that came with my 94 tcat. Probably the same thing as the one for your sled or close...When I went back to the stock muffler I gained 3-400 rpms no other changes. If you feel as if your sled makes too much power this will solve the problem.
Steve

EDIT In all fairness I think it needs to be re-packed and I have stainless packing material here for it, and it would probably help but it still more than likely will not make the same HP as the stock muffler. Probably not even close.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.