Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys - Picked up a panther 440 on the cheap and having tons of issues with the carbs. It has a two sets of the VM34 carbs in it. The problem is that the needle and seat keep sticking! Ive cleaned and fixed them a half dozen times and even replaced the needles and seat still no help.

Ideas?

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
My needle and seat on my Puma stick if I don't take her out once a week. Never found out why. I put on a bulb type primer after the fuel pump. If the bulb is hard (stuck needle in the seat) I just tap on the side of the fuel bowl while squeezing the bulb. A couple of taps and the fuel starts to flow again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My needle and seat on my Puma stick if I don't take her out once a week. Never found out why. I put on a bulb type primer after the fuel pump. If the bulb is hard (stuck needle in the seat) I just tap on the side of the fuel bowl while squeezing the bulb. A couple of taps and the fuel starts to flow again.
Cool.. Atleast im not alone.. Did you put 2 bulbs in for each carb?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the same model sled, and I had similar problems. I replaced to needle and seats with newer style ones.Do your carbs have the resilient tip needle and seat? If they do I would replace them. The tips get sticky.

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Cool.. Atleast im not alone.. Did you put 2 bulbs in for each carb?
I only have one carb on it currently. I plan on a dual carb upgrade this summer along with a different skid. I have a Z440 dual carb with one primer hooked up to just one carb and it works fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the same model sled, and I had similar problems. I replaced to needle and seats with newer style ones.Do your carbs have the resilient tip needle and seat? If they do I would replace them. The tips get sticky.
Im guessing thats the ones with a rubber tip? I replaced them at the dealer about 1 month ago but was given the same type of tip that has been in the machine forever! Could you point to where i can find the one new ones?

·
Registered
28 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts