Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can some body post a # from a 97/580efi fly wheel I have a 9402 ,but I think that's the wrong one. The sled wont run right please post the stamped number on the fly wheel so I can see if I have the right one,

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Some of the 98's used 3 phase stators. 4 or 6 magnets won't make much difference on these ones, the timing lobes are what's significantly different, between the fp9402 and fp9407.

Not sure if the 9418 will work. Are you able to get pics of the the timing lobes and compare?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i bought it from an older guy ,that was worked on by some of his friends , they couldn't get it to run right so i bought it and trying to find out whats the right parts , befor i try to start it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
ZR580 Flywheel

I'm looking for some info please. Looking to replace my 95 ZR 580 (carb) flywheel/magneto. The one that came off is a FP5448, my questions is, will a FP9402 flywheel work in it's place? The look very similar, just need confirmation before I put it all back together and find that they are not compatible. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
I'm looking for some info please. Looking to replace my 95 ZR 580 (carb) flywheel/magneto. The one that came off is a FP5448, my questions is, will a FP9402 flywheel work in it's place? The look very similar, just need confirmation before I put it all back together and find that they are not compatible. Thanks!
The 9402 has timing marks on the flywheel. The carb 580 gets it's timing based on the magnet position. Are inner diameter and flywheel key to magnet position the same?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts