Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 580 EXT EFI Deluxe and the water pump seal was bad and replacing now. Since I'm already tearing it down I was wanting to mod it. I'm looking for exhaust but can't find any except Aaen. Is this a good fitment/look if anyone has it? Also, I was looking for some raised bars for it and haven't really had any luck...any idea on where to go to look for these. I'm boring it out a bit and throwing some oversized pistons and rebuilding it next week and need to order everything so I can ride in WI before end of season. Thanks

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Don't do anything, other than the handle bar modification. The stock exhaust is about as good as it gets for that engine and boring the cylinders makes no sense whatsoever. If you bore the cylinders out you'll have to replate them and you won't gain any performance, probably lose power, trying to make up a big bore kit. You'll just spend huge dollars and go backwards. I don't know how you'd adjust the fueling with that old EFI system, so just leave the engine stock.

There are a number of ergo and suspension mods you can do. Look at moving the steering post forward, handle bar riser block, TSL rear suspension, AGLT front suspension, to name a few.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.