Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after a full summer of wrenching on my sled I finally got to put it through the paces. I can say that as the project slowly came together I was getting more and more excited to really see what the ol 580 was about. On this week of christmas we got pounded with snow and sleet, and I thought finally the moguls I was waiting for! I took the sled out and hit our local trails. Of course right away I hit the one with the most hills and turns. On my way out of town to the trails I got lucky and there were a few good snowbanks to launch off of. My first jump was pretty good size and as I did it I thought well, here is the time to break something. But as I landed I was very surprised. The damn sled asked for more! it was such a smooth landing. Shortly after I was out on the trail. I was shocked by the performance this ole sled had to offer now. My friend was with me, in case I broke down. He was on a 98 XCR 700. When he bought the sled I figured hmm, he might be faster than me this year. Not the case at all with the AGLT on my side. I simply blew his 700 away. every rough section and ravine I hit I learned one thing about the setup, faster is smoother. Now as for corners, I was also very impressed by the way I could take corners at almost twice the speed I could last year. After I took my sled out for a day and got used to it I wanted to try out a buddys sled and see how that felt. That is where I found out the AGLT is a very very stable setup. I climbed on my buddys 98 zr 500 with a 711 dnd kit. after a short run I brought it back to him saying, is there something wrong with it? My answer was no, I just simply felt like I was riding a mustard bucket again. The stability was night and day. For anyone out there considering doing the AGLT, don't consider it, DO IT! you will never look back and see someone on your tail again.

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also I would like to include a Thank you, to everyone that has helped me along the way on this project. Without Arctic chat and its great members my sled would still be an average 580, with a good paint job. Words can't describe how thankful I really am.
:beer_cheers: :chug: :site:

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (turbocharged99 @ Dec 27 2009, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So after a full summer of wrenching on my sled I finally got to put it through the paces. I can say that as the project slowly came together I was getting more and more excited to really see what the ol 580 was about. On this week of christmas we got pounded with snow and sleet, and I thought finally the moguls I was waiting for! I took the sled out and hit our local trails. Of course right away I hit the one with the most hills and turns. On my way out of town to the trails I got lucky and there were a few good snowbanks to launch off of. My first jump was pretty good size and as I did it I thought well, here is the time to break something. But as I landed I was very surprised. The damn sled asked for more! it was such a smooth landing. Shortly after I was out on the trail. I was shocked by the performance this ole sled had to offer now. My friend was with me, in case I broke down. He was on a 98 XCR 700. When he bought the sled I figured hmm, he might be faster than me this year. Not the case at all with the AGLT on my side. I simply blew his 700 away. every rough section and ravine I hit I learned one thing about the setup, faster is smoother. Now as for corners, I was also very impressed by the way I could take corners at almost twice the speed I could last year. After I took my sled out for a day and got used to it I wanted to try out a buddys sled and see how that felt. That is where I found out the AGLT is a very very stable setup. I climbed on my buddys 98 zr 500 with a 711 dnd kit. after a short run I brought it back to him saying, is there something wrong with it? My answer was no, I just simply felt like I was riding a mustard bucket again. The stability was night and day. For anyone out there considering doing the AGLT, don't consider it, DO IT! you will never look back and see someone on your tail again.

Also I would like to include a Thank you, to everyone that has helped me along the way on this project. Without Arctic chat and its great members my sled would still be an average 580, with a good paint job. Words can't describe how thankful I really am.
:beer_cheers: :chug: :site:[/b]

Thanks for posting a review!

I agree, the front end makes the sled fast on the rough terrain, not engine power. A 580 easily makes more speed than most sled suspensions can handle on the rough junk anyway.

The downside of the mods are... Good luck trying to find a newer or brand new sled that will handle better when the time comes to retire the old sled!

Seems I've painted myself into that corner years ago! :lol:

I know many new or newer sled owners will not believe it, refuse to... And I can't blame them for denial because the un-bearable truth of all that money spent on lesser handling quality in bumps & corners... But hey, new decals and shiny plastic & metal is really expensive these days. ;) :lol:

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Cool! I can't wait to get out and try my ZRT I have modded. I should be in the garage right now syncing the carbs and choke and a few other small things and I can fire it up and try it out.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (A G @ Dec 27 2009, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thanks for posting a review!

I agree, the front end makes the sled fast on the rough terrain, not engine power. A 580 easily makes more speed than most sled suspensions can handle on the rough junk anyway.

The downside of the mods are... Good luck trying to find a newer or brand new sled that will handle better when the time comes to retire the old sled!

Seems I've painted myself into that corner years ago! :lol:

I know many new or newer sled owners will not believe it, refuse to... And I can't blame them for denial because the un-bearable truth of all that money spent on lesser handling quality in bumps & corners... But hey, new decals and shiny plastic & metal is really expensive these days. ;) :lol:[/b]
No problem, I had to share my thoughts about it anyway! as for the 580 I find myself quickly demanding more power from the sled now. I am glad that I will not find a better sled in a newer year, I would rather mod my own sled out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts