Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So had the sled running today for about 15 mins. Got it shut down and noticed a very slow drip from the bottom of the rear tunnel. So i check it out and i find a TINY. And i mean tiny crack in the heat exchanger. I am tryin to sell this sled, but if i dont i plan on riding it. Is there anyway to do a patch for something like this. Or is it a whole new part kind of thing?

·
Registered
117 Posts
X2 for the JB weld, I have a 700 that I had to JB weld a pin hole in the cooler. 4500 miles later and still going strong. It happened in the middle of the season, noticed green on the snow. It's a big job to replace the front one, so I figured I had nothing to lose but to try and JB the thing. It held for 500 miles that season. It's still holding today, so for now, I'm just going to leave it.......Oh and I used the JB Kwik.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The (RIGHT WAY) If you are going to remove the suspension, drive train, and track to be able to drill out the rivets on the cooler and remove it to have it welded. You are better off at that point to just get a NEW one........If you are going to go through all the trouble, why screw around and hope the guy doesn't have a pin hole in his weld?

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
He said bottom of rear tunnel. I am assuming the rear cooler?? You only need to remove cowl, (2 screws on the side) take off seat and tank, and grind off rivets and use a pin punch to remove them. Then disconnect hoses and get fixed and tested.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts