Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 zrt chasis that I am making into a drag sled and happen to have a 93 t-cat suspension laying in the garage i'd like to use if possible.Has anyone done this and what mods are required?

Thanks alot.

·
Registered
154 Posts
This is kind of the opposite of what you are trying to do, but I believe not too long ago (maybe last summer/fall), someone posted in here converting a 93 Thundercat to long-travel the AGLT route with '01 and up control arms, etc. If I recall correctly, it required a lot of fabbing to get it to work, but he was successful. That being said, I am guessing you would have comperable fabbing to do the opposite. Good luck!

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OrangeZL440 @ Mar 7 2007, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
This is kind of the opposite of what you are trying to do, but I believe not too long ago (maybe last summer/fall), someone posted in here converting a 93 Thundercat to long-travel the AGLT route with '01 and up control arms, etc. If I recall correctly, it required a lot of fabbing to get it to work, but he was successful. That being said, I am guessing you would have comperable fabbing to do the opposite. Good luck![/b]
thundercat900 did that on the 93, but it was more like a custom fabrication (original A-Arms lengthened) and not a bolt on. With the 96 chassis the AGLT mod is easily doable, but doesn't seem necessary for a drag sled does it?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Kev,
You are right. It was thundercat900. But I thought he used '02 parts. I was just figuring if it took that much work to long-travel a '93, with parts that are a bolt-on for a '96, it would probably take that much work to short-travel a '96 with '93 parts. But like I said, I could be wrong. I am adding the http for the old post on it.

http://www.arcticchat.com/forums/index.php...20aglt&st=0

1 - 5 of 5 Posts